Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summertime on the Porch....

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend! It's pretty great that our parties (Canada & the US), fall so close together ;)

With the arrival of July it seems as though summer has also arrived our way...finally!  Many of you have asked to see a few exterior shots of our home, and with the sunny weather over the weekend, I finally got to snap a few of our porch area. This covered veranda is one of my favourite features of our home along with the sunny yellow siding. It provides such a warm welcome! When the time comes to change our siding, I'm sure I'll want a change , but will have a tough time choosing a new color I'll like as much....

Here's a few of the ways we've dressed up our porch....Come on over and sit a spell  :)



A coat of black spray paint turns an old indoor plant stand into a perfect flower pot holder for the porch...



Love this resin wicker bistro set I found! The smaller size of the chairs fits perfectly on my narrow veranda, while the blue seat cushion adds comfort as well as a pop of color... I also added these gorgeous striped (you just know I can't resist stripes ;) ) outdoor accent cushions...♥



       Love this little bluebird I picked up at Wescal.... so cute!


I like to keep this lovely watering can on display...functional and pretty at the same time :)


I found this great metal door star while vacationing last summer.....simply added a few flowers for a welcoming touch!


A pretty hydrangea flag picks up on the porch accent colors...



                                              


I decided to replace the usual flowers in my urns with these ball cedars this year....I love the look!


So.... what is your favourite way to dress up your entryway? We'd love to hear your ideas! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

♥ Katrina  :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Time for me to get going on my front porch, it's so tired looking, just the shake up I need!! Thanks!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete